The launch of Invest Durban, formally known as DIPA, was recommended by the Durban City Council and organised private business as the “First Stop Shop” to stimulate economic growth and new investment in the Durban metropolis. DUrbanTV unpacks this growth initiative.
The Team is a partnership between the Metro City of Durban and the private business sector, offering a free investor advisory service and acts as a key facilitator between all investment stakeholders.
Invest Durban’s main purpose is to facilitate sustainable investment in Durban for the benefit of all through the:
• Expansion, retention and aftercare of local corporate business within the Metro;
• Proactive investment promotion and marketing of Durban Metro as a premium investment destination;
• Proactive communication and marketing of the City’s large investment projects and core strategies;
• Identification and development of new investment & business infrastructure opportunities, especially for the previously disadvantaged groups;
• Attraction, support and facilitation for prospective foreign investors into Durban;
• Improvement in the investment and economic development environments, in partnership with the National, Provincial, City and Business Authorities;
Invest Durban works closely with the Department of Trade & Industry including Invest SA, Trade and Investment KZN (TIKZN), the Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry, the KZN Growth Coalition, and State Owned Enterprises such as Dube Trade Port, the DBSA, IDC, Eskom & others. Key Partners include the largest Banks, Audit & Advisory Firms, plus sector based organised business bodies working in concert to promote investment in Durban.
Invest Durban delivers a world-class Metro based Investor support service, encompassing investment marketing & promotion, plus investment facilitation and retention activities by:
• Following a focussed investor relationship management, marketing and communication strategy, with a healthy focus on broad-based empowerment and local partnerships;
• Making available appropriate and specific city and nationally based economic and sector information, or opportunity studies;
• Facilitating the arrangement of appropriate meetings with, and solutions from the region’s businesses and public sectors at all levels;
• Leading site visits to, and site evaluations of industrial and commercial premises, along with introductions to complementary Service Providers, Empowerment Executives, financial organisations, and sector bodies such as SA Property Owners Assn, plus our formalised Industrial Clusters;
• Advising on and accelerating all investment related regulatory processes towards speedy approvals, along with the required bulk infrastructure services connections and support.
“Facilitating sustainable investment in Durban for the benefit of ALL”
Invest Durban provides marketing, free advisory services and project management to attract new business and retain existing business in the City.
For more information contact Invest Durban: Tel: +27 31 311 4227 or visit www.durban.gov.za
See the full launch ONLY on DUrbanTV