As part of the 40th Durban International Film Festival, the University of KwaZulu Natal’s Centre for Creative Arts invites community organisations to apply for a free workshop on Basic Video Production which will take place from the 23 – 27 July 2019 at the KZNSA Gallery.
The workshop is open to entry-level applicants, preferably those who have not been working in the industry but have a strong desire to pursue video production as a career option. The course will involve practical skills on video camera operation, composition, scripting and video editing. Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance at the completion of the workshop.
It is preferable that participants be attached to community organisations as this will provide them with an organisational environment where they can make use of and impart their newly-acquired skills.
● Community organisations are invited to nominate up to 2 candidates.
● Applicants are required to submit a one-page motivation on why they wish to attend the course and how it will benefit their organisation. Kindly include your ID copy.
● An official endorsement by the director of the organisation must accompany the application and should contain a description of the organisation and its full contact details.
● Applications must contain full contact details of the applicant and area of residence.
● Applications may be emailed, faxed, delivered or posted to: Centre for Creative Arts – Video Production Workshop Application, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Howard College Campus, Durban 4041
● Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Faxed to: (031) 260 3074
● Queries may be addressed to: (031) 260 1817 or (031) 260 2506
● Closing date for submissions is 15 June 2019
● A selection of provisional candidates may be contacted to attend interviews.
● The final list of successful applicants will be confirmed by the 14 June 2019
– The tuition will be in English.
– Participants must attend all the workshop sessions (09h00- 16h00).
– In addition, participants will be obliged to attend at least 2 film seminars of 2 hours, involving festival filmmakers. These seminars will be held during the 40th Durban International Film Festival which runs from 18th July to 28th July 2019.
For further information please use below contacts.
Mr Sakhile Gumede
Centre for Creative Arts
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Durban 4041 South Africa
Tel: +27 31 260 1817 or +27 31 260 2506
Fax: +27 031 260 3074
Cell: +27 073 208 5167